Mont Marte Make'n'Bake Polymer Clay is an easy to use, malleable non toxic synthetic clay that can be shaped then hardened in a standard household oven. It is ideal for use in press moulds, pattern making, figure and doll modelling, canes, beading, jewellery and many other sculptural projects.
- Exciting range of colours.
- Soft and smooth texture.
- Colours blend easily so new vibrant clean colours can be created.
- Clay holds very fine detail, features very good shape stability and when cured has minimal shrinkage.
HOW TO - TIPS
- Ensure working surface is free from dust and hands are clean.
- Prepare clay by kneading until smooth and pliable.
- Clay can be shaped with tools or pressed into moulds as well as worked by hand.
- Once the piece has been created, place onto a foil sheet or ceramic tile and into the centre of a household oven pre-heated to 120-130 degrees C (248-266 degress F) for 30 minutes. N.B.: Baking times may vary according to clay thickness and as a general rule allow 30 minutes baking time for every 6mm thickness.
- Carefully remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Hardened clay will accept consecutive layers of clay over it and can be re-baked. Once hardened it can be drilled, sanded, cut and painted and is washable with soapy water.
- Store unused clay in a cool dark place and keep wrapped in plastic in an airtight container.